Sunday, August 1, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend 2009



Have you ever sort of completed a project but knew there was one thing missing or something just wasn't right?
That was me with these two layouts

The first layout is of a family BBQ on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend 2009. I had some great BBQ embellishments from different swaps which went great. I had to shift my photos around a bit (I love repositionable adhesive) to make space for the journaling pocket but this was one day where I had to include journaling. Since it was something so personal I wanted to make it private thus the tag and pocket. The fiber on the tag also met the July "fuzzy" challenge over at Scrappin n Chattin.

The second layout is of a picnic on Memorial Day with my kids ministry volunteer team. The circular close-ups looked great and I loved the handmade embellishments that added an extra special touch from various swaps. The paper and embellishments flowed together to create a terrific story of a fun day. The mini folder allowed me to keep my journaling hidden while still adding to the overall layout theme. I entered this layout for the poses challenge over at Scrappin n Chattin.

No comments:

Post a Comment